The Dust is the first chapter in A World Without Music.
- In the post-apocalyptic timeline, Jonas appeared. He only knew his name, and nothing else about his identity. Jonas looked around, seeing nothing but ruins and dust.
- Jonas was starved. He waited for hours, finding no one, and just as he was going to starve to death, he saw a light in a small camp, meeting the remaining Saga Smashers.
- The Saga Smashers welcomed him into their makeshift hideout and told him of the history behind what happened. They seemed to remember who Jonas was, but couldn't figure out exactly.
- As the Saga Smashers finished telling their story, everyone heard screaming a few miles away, and dashed to the aid of Autumn Hazel, who was being attacked by a mob of desperate survivors.
- Master Dart and his underlings attacked shortly afterwards, initiating the first true battle of the story.